Summary of update
These last few months I have been working on an important update for the investment tracker. This short page will summarise what I have done:
- Created three different separate trackers: stocks, crypto, crypto & stocks
- Added a new function which calculates realized gains and summarises this in a report based on transactional history
- Calculated unrealized gains and current positions based on the unrealized gains report
- Specifically for cryptocurrencies, a new function now attaches to API of coinmarketcap and extracts price almost instantly. This is a major improvement compared to extracting the price through IMPORTHTML functions, which were slow and cumbersome to setup.
- Added money-weighted average return for the entire portfolio.
- Removed bugs in the spreadsheet and bugs relating to conditional lay-out.
- Removed the ability to track different categories within stocks (this will be back in the future).
To the best of my knowledge, this is the only spreadsheet that gives you a total overview of your realized gains through a legit accounting method (FIFO; first in, first out). Moreover, you can connect your spreadsheet easily with coinmarketcaps API. This has brought the spreadsheet to an entirely different level. In the next phase, I will be working on improving any bugs that are inside the spreadsheet. For this, I will need the help of this community.
In order to gain access to the newest tracker, there are a few steps you must complete. Once I have confirmed that you have completed these steps, I will send you a link with the newest trackers.
- Follow CoinAtlas on twitter. Like & retweet this tweet.
- Subscribe to the youtube channel and like this video.
- Join my telegram group for discussion and announcement.
Ofcourse, I will continue to work on this spreadsheet. What I have in planned in the future, in no particular order, is the following:
- Stock-split adjustment to stock trackers
- Ability to deduct quantity of coins when transfering coins from A to B due to network fee’s
- Total networth tracker
- Rebalancing tool
- Market-watch tool based on technical indicators which will e-mail you whenever certain conditions are met
- Dividend analysis
Should you have other idea’s of your own, feel free to contact me through the homepage.